I have been asked about a million times how I win giveaways and sweepstakes and so I wanted to appease the masses and let you know my secrets!
The secret is…. Geminis are incredibly lucky!!! Just kidding (Though I do believe in the power of positive thinking to be a winner you have to believe that you ARE a winner!)
There is a little method to my madness….
- Where do I find giveaways? BLOGS They have great odds and the most interesting prizes. Plus I am an avid reader and usually the contests I enter are from blogs already on my blogroll. I keep my blogs organized primarily through a site called Bloglovin. I visit that site daily to read all of the new blog posts written my all my favorite bloggers and I have them organized by type. Speaking of Bloglovin… You should totally follow me… just click on the link to the right of this page.
- I mostly enter giveaways with good odds. This does mean that I don’t usually win huge prizes like cash, cars or vacations. This doesn’t really bother me because I personally think spending 10-15 minutes entering a contest to get a $50 shopping spree is totally worth it! Sometimes if I really want to win something (like currently I am trying to win a Kitchen-aid mixer for my sister who is getting married in June) I will enter regardless of the odds, but generally I go for contests with less than 10,000 entries.
- I love giveaways that have multiple methods of entries because I know I can have a competitive edge! If a giveaway has 54 ways to enter you better believe I am going to spend the time to enter all 54 ways. This does mean my Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest is blown up by people I don’t necessarily know in person, but that doesn’t really bother me because I have created lists on my FB and Twitter so I can see close friends statuses without having to look through my news feed.
- Most giveaways have an option to tweet daily about a giveaway. I do this. Daily. Now this takes a bit of dedication because you have to go back to the original site and re-enter, but like I said above I feel like that is worth it. Plus I am usually reading the blog anyway and so it is not that big of a hassle.
- When you do win a giveaway and receive a prize in the mail you should document it on social media and tag the blog and sponsor in the post. Blogs get prizes from sponsors who are wanting to spread the word about their products. I think it is just good karma to give a little shout out once you receive the prize.
If you have any specific questions about giveaways or sweepstakes ask in the comment section below